"Let Your Soul Shine!" Spring Revitalization Retreat at Mar De Jade in Chacula, Mexico
with Janet Dailey Butler and Seema Christie
March 17–24, 2018
A $700 non-refundable deposit is due on or before Oct. 10th, 2017.
The remaining balance will be due on February 1st, 2018.
Payable through Paypal or by check.
Contact Janet for more info and to register by clicking on the button below.
Join Janet and Seema to revitalize and reconnect to your nature, explore deep play and the healing energy of mother earth at this sacred location. We will honor and work with the potent energy of Spring, renewing our spirits through daily rituals and workshops that include meditation, yoga, spiritual art making, working with sacred sounds, aromatherapy and reflexology.
Janet and Seema are both trained in Yoga Therapy and share a love of holding the space for each of their students to feel supported and safe. You will enjoy two daily yoga classes, a morning Sunrise Flow class with Janet, working with the life giving energy of the sun and healing mantras, and an evening Chakra Restorative class with Seema that includes meditation, visualization, spiritual art-making, and restorative poses for deep relaxation.
All are welcome. We love Mar De Jade and look forward to seeing you on the beach!
When we are connected with the rhythm of life, life flows!
Retreat Fee Includes:
- 7 nights, 8 days accommodations at the tropical oasis Mar de Jade in Chacala, Mexico includes tips that go to the entire Mar De Jade staff, and hotel taxes.
- Three daily “farm to table” meals prepared lovingly by the Mar de Jade culinary staff (vegetarian, fish/seafood/some chicken options available. Allergies will be accommodated.)
- Retreat Yoga Program:
Morning Meditations / Daily Sunrise Flow with Janet / Evening Chakra Restorative class with Seema / Special Workshop / $25 art supply fee / Community Service for those interested will include fundraising and visiting the El Jardin non-profit school and their organic farm during the week.
- Access to the Mar de Jade swimming pool, hot tub, cold tub, and steam room.
- Miles of sandy beach to walk, run, swim, surf, relax and unwind.
Retreat Rates Per Person:
**OCEAN ROOMS face the ocean. Most rooms have a balcony (different sizes). **GARDEN ROOMS either face the front gardens or the back area.
**Ocean & Garden Room size and amenities are the essentially the same.
OCEAN ROOM - Single Occupancy: $2,800. Double Occupancy: $2,050.
Triple Occupancy: $1,815.
GARDEN ROOM - Single Occupancy: $2,500. Double Occupancy: $1,950.
Triple Occupancy : $1,750.
GUEST ROOM AND LOFT - Single Occupancy: $2,250. Double Occupancy: $1,750.
Triple Occupancy : $1,615.
DORM (up to 4) - $1,550
Contact Janet for more info and to register by clicking on the button below.
What's Not Included:
- Round trip flight to Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR). Direct flights are available. Feel free to consult flight times with Janet before purchasing or look at FAQ section for flight examples.
- Transportation to and from the airport. (Approx. $20-100, depending on number of passengers) Cash only accepted. Will be arranged with MDJ.
- El Santuario Spa services, treatments range between $90 to $130 USD plus tax. Healing Sessions with Seema and Reflexology with Janet $125 (Cash or Check).
- Extras to meals, smoothies or alcoholic beverages.
- Fees for Excursions. Most excursions range between $25 to $40 USD CASH per person.
To Reserve Your Spot:
- $700 non-refundable deposit is due by October 10th, 2017. This will hold your room and reserve your spot on this retreat. Balance is due on February 1st, 2018.
- Checks (made out to Dailey Wellness), and or PayPal payments are accepted. Please contact Janet (firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-379-7865) for more details and to receive a Registration/Waiver Form.
- Please contact Janet if you would like a shared room, but don’t have a roommate. Rooms fill up quickly at MDJ.
- All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- No refunds will be given on the balance due if cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to the retreat. Please see waiver for details.
You’ll have plenty of free time during the day to either book spa treatments at Mar de Jade’s Spa, have a healing session with Seema, relax on the beach, walk into town, or even to enjoy any one of the following activities and excursions:
***All prices are per person, in US dollars and do not include gratuities. Prices are subject to change without further notice. Please be aware that excursions must be paid directly to the providers in US dollars (cash only). Most excursions, unless otherwise noted, leave after breakfast and return before lunch (1/2 day). The Mar de Jade kitchen staff is happy to pack you a lunch if you notify them at least 24hrs before your excursion.***
A Temazcal is a type of sweat lodge, which originated from pre- Hispanic Indigenous cultures in Mesoamerica. The word Temazcal comes from the Nahuatl (Aztec) word temazcalli (“house of heat”). In ancient Mesoamerica it was used as part of a curative ceremony thought to purify the body, mind and spirit. The shape of the Temazcal represents the womb of Mother Earth. In the Nahuatl tradition one of its purposes is the confrontation with Tezcatlipoca, the dark side of our spirit, in order to be reborn more liberated than when we went in. The temazcal ceremony consists of four “puertas” (doors) which represent physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing. To produce the heat, volcanic stones are heated and then placed in a pit located in the center of the temazcal. The guide pours an infusion with aromatic and medicinal herbs that produce steam upon contact with the stones. Today, this pre-Hispanic tradition continues to be used in indigenous cultures and is being recovered by our society for spiritual and health purposes. At Mar de Jade we offer the Temazcal Ceremony as a means of sharing a therapeutic, cultural and spiritual experience.
• Use a bathing suit or clothing that can get wet and covered by mud.
• Do not drink alcohol or eat heavy meals before/after the ceremony.
• Do not wear any jewelry or metal objects.
• People with respiratory, heart problems, pregnant women and children (under 16 yrs) should not participate.
Duration: 2 hours
14 people max, 6 people min. / Donation: $30 USD per person for the guide.
"Las Cuevas" Hike
An hour and a half guided hike through the tropical jungle and over an extinct volcano to the nearby beach “Las Cuevas” (The Caves), enjoy beach time and return on a 15min boat ride.
$20 per person / minimum 4 people / 5-6 hours total.
“Isla Coral” Snorkeling
A 30 min. boat ride takes you to a small island, snorkel off the shore. The boat service has life jackets and some snorkel gear, you may also wish to bring your own or buy some in town.
$25 per person / minimum 4 people / 3-4 hours total.
Humpback Whale Watching
An early morning boat ride to search for humpback whales that migrate annually from Alaska to Mexico for breeding season; available only from December to March, depart before breakfast.
$30 per person / minimum 4 people / up to 2 hours total.
A guided excursion either to “Las Cuevas” or a further beach, “El Naranjo” with time to enjoy the beach.
$60 per person / minimum 2 people, maximum 6 people / 4 hours or 7 hours.
$30 per person / minimum 4 people / 2-3 hours total.
“La Peñita” Market
A quaint Thursday morning market in the nearby town of “La Peñita.” You can find some arts & crafts, jewelry, Huichol art and souvenirs,. There is also a thriving section for locals selling appliances and food, etc. Bank and ATM available at the town. We recommended you use pesos for purchases. A van will take you, wait for you and bring you back.
$15 per person / minimum 4 people / 4 hours total.
“La Tovara” Mangrove
An hour and a half van ride takes you to the outskirts of an old port called San Blas, where “La Tovara” Mangrove awaits with many bird species, turtles, crocodiles, and other wild life. The boat tour takes approx. 1 hr and there is a place to swim and eat at the end. Mangrove boat ride not included and must be hired upon arrival at San Blas (around $10 USD).
$45 per person / minimum 5 people / 6-8 hours total.
“Sayulita” Surf Town
This is a day or half day trip to the hip surf town, “Sayulita” where you can find shops, restaurants, surf lessons and equipment rental. Expect to see a lot of tourists during high season. The van ride to/from is approx 45mins and the driver will wait for up to 4 hours.
$35 per person / minimum 4 people / 4-6 hours total.
“Puerto Vallarta” Shopping & Sightseeing
A full day excursion to Puerto Vallarta to visit the boardwalk, shops, restaurants, historic church, arts & crafts market and “Romantic Zone” with its cobble stone streets and “teja” rooftops. Van ride is an hour and a half and driver will wait up to 7 hours.
$50 per person / minimum 4 people / 6-8 hours total.
Learn or improve your Spanish language skills with private or group classes (when available) with our enthusiastic and experienced teacher, Janet. Suitable for beginners to advanced intermediate level.
$20 per hour for private classes / $15 per hour with 2 people / $12 per hour with 3 or more.